On 06/20/2014 06:39 AM, Casper Gondelach wrote:
Mike,

Are you looking for ip source guard?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12-2_52_se/configuration/guide/3560scg/swdhcp82.html

This uses the binding database to block everything except the
database. We use this to prevent static ip's / address stealing.

Gr,

Casper

No, this doesn't seem to be complete.

I want the switch to snoop dhcp leases. Then later, when another part of the network sends out an arp for some address, before the switch floods the broadcast out all ports in the vlan, I want it to look at the arp message and limit the ports it floods the message out to just those ones where the DHCP binding database says that IP can be found. So, in a nut shell, I want the switch to refrain from SENDING out any port that the database doesn't say has the IP in question. The purpose of this is to limit/reduce unnecessary broadcast traffic. Stupidly enabling broadcast rate limits does not do the job since it drops packets that are necessary, I just want to drop the unnecessary.


Thank you.




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to