Hi all, I'm having a problem getting traffic across an xconnect between a ME3600 and a ASR9K. Hoping someone can shed some light on what I'm missing. My gut feeling is that it has to do with the VLAN tag handling.
Setup: CPE1 --- ME3600 -- MPLS -- ASR9K -- CPE2 Traffic is coming in tagged with VLAN tag 2014 from CPE1 and untagged from CPE2. If I set it up with a vlan interface in ME3600 and running the xconnect on that interface things work. However, we would like to have the xconnect directly on the service instance if possible, to avoid mac learning on the ME3600. And that I can't get to work. I've tried both POP:ing vlan tag 2014 on the ME3600 as well as PUSH:ing in ASR, but no luck. The xconnect comes up OK, but no traffic between CPE1 and CPE2. -- Working config --- !! ME3600 !! interface GigabitEthernet0/1 service instance 2014 ethernet encapsulation dot1q 2014 rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric bridge-domain 2014 interface Vlan2014 xconnect 1.1.1.51 2014 encapsulation mpls !! ASR !! interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1/18.1 l2transport encapsulation untagged mtu 1514 l2vpn xconnect group GROUP1 p2p CUST1 interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1/18.1 neighbor ipv4 1.1.1.12 pw-id 2014 ----------------- --- Tested config that does NOT work --- !! ME3600 !! int gi 0/1 service instance 2014 ethernet encapsulation dot1q 2014 xconnect 1.1.1.51 2014 encapsulation mpls !! ASR !! interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1/18.1 l2transport encapsulation untagged rewrite ingress tag push dot1q 2014 symmetric mtu 1510 l2vpn xconnect group GROUP1 p2p CUST1 interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1/18.1 neighbor ipv4 1.1.1.12 pw-id 2014 ------------ Regards, /Ulrik Ivers _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
