Howdy,

I have a nice shiny new ASR1k that I am planning on doing subscriber aggregation on, and I'd like some advice.

Today I primarily use PPPoE to deliver broadband connectivity and it's worked well across both dsl and wireless. In my new deployment I want to add DHCP subscriber support, and I further want to implement some basic QoS features per subscriber. Im wondering if it's really practical and possible to have Qos policies that apply to both types of subscribers? I don't want to interfere too much with customer traffic flows other than to help them make better use of their links, say by making sure Voip and streaming video gets ahead of bulk file transfers / windows updates / bittorrent / etc (and I'm sure there's likely a slightly longer list than this example, but you get the idea).

I have been reading up on NBAR but that doesn't seem available to pure ip subscribers? I could throw every ip subscriber into their own vlan (greater administrative burden - my dslams will do this with manual configuration of each subscriber port) but thats not really ideal. How would QoS really be implemented in a broadband consumer type of deployment? Just looking for ideas, thanks for reading.

Mike-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to