Hi,

I've not got any further with it I'm afraid, although I did find that a 
service-policy applied on a physical interface 'does' correctly match and 
police the traffic. However, it fails to work if you apply it to a vlan (or 
CoPP, as per my original email).

So if policy is applied to:

CoPP = doesn't match properly (stops BFD from working, but doesn't limit 
traffic rate or protect CPU)
VLAN = same behaviour as CoPP
Port = matches and limits correctly if applied to physical interface

I'd be curious to know if someone else could confirm this behaviour so I now 
it's not just something odd about this setup/kit in our lab.

Cheers,



Robert Williams
Custodian Data Centre
Email: [email protected]
http://www.CustodianDC.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Soares [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 05 May 2014 12:21
To: Robert Williams; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] BFD bypassing CoPP on 6500

Did you find anything else in the meanwhile ? What you found is potentially 
catastrophic...


Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (RS/SP)
[email protected]
http://www.ccie18473.net


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to