Hi, On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 01:34:49PM +0100, Antonio Prado wrote: > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- > On 28/11/13 12:56, Gert Doering wrote: > > Your router only has a single session, but uses this to transport > > both address family. (I'd not do it that way, but it can be > > done). > > yes per RFC 2283. > yes, of course one tcp connection.
So how would you clear only half of the TCP session?
> >> Is there any reason for the router to clear both sessions if I
> >> only issue "clear bgp ipv6 unicast A.B.C.D" ?
> > Yes. There is no separate IPv6 session.
>
> that could be useful to keep logically separate sessions over a single
> connection.
Well, "clear" clears the TCP session, so there's no way to do only
"logical sessions" (which BGP doesn't do anyway) here.
You can, of course, do a "soft clear", which will do exactly that -
withdraw and re-announce all prefixes ("clear bgp ... soft"). I have
to admit I'm not sure what it will do if you have multiple AFIs on
one session - whether it will soft-clear all AFIs or just IPv6 then.
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [email protected]
pgpaa5WnD0UGp.pgp
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
