Andrew, Thank you. The command you provided makes it so I can actually use IOS-like commands, like copy. The problem I'm still having however, is that the "autopilot" process that looks for a WLC, is removing my ip before the copy is complete. Is there also a way I can turn this loop of death off? :)
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Andrew Jones <[email protected]> wrote: > On 31.05.2013 02:33, Bill Blackford wrote: > >> This may not be the best forum for this question, so my apologies to the >> list. >> >> I am trying to understand the process for converting a new >> AIR-CAP2602E-E-K9 from LWAPP to stand alone. I have the IOS code renamed >> as >> ***.default waiting on a local TFTP host listening on 10.0.0.2. >> >> 1. What happens when the "mode" button is pushed? >> 2. Assuming the answer to 1. above is the AP will download the IOS code. >> Will it then restart itself now booting from the IOS image? >> >> The documentation I'm finding is not real clear on this part. >> >> Thank you for any help, >> > > Hi Bill, > You need to hold the mode button from boot until the status LED turns red. > At that point, yes, it will download and install the IOS from the TFTP > server you've set up. Watch the serial console while you do it, it'll help > you understand the process better (particularly the exact filename it's > looking for). I don't recall whether it reboots by itself after installing > the standalone IOS, but I believe it does. > > Another way of converting the AP to standalone from the console, is to log > in as cisco/Cisco, enable, then run 'debug capwap console cli'. At this > point you can install the standalone IOS from tftp manually, just like you > would an upgrade. > > Andrew > -- Bill Blackford Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges..... _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
