Hi
I am trying to debug several random crashes we have experienced on our 7600
based network.
I have narrowed it down to a process on the SP "Const2 IPv6 Proc". It grows in
size over time, Starting at around 8M currently the largest I have on the
network is 388M. Eventualy the SP runs out of memory and triggers a reload.
after 1 day
PID TTY Allocated Freed Holding Getbufs Retbufs Process
408 0 8641644 5147540 8188404 0 0 Const2 IPv6 Proc
after 26 weeks
PID TTY Allocated Freed Holding Getbufs Retbufs Process
383 0 411086712 319278684 388950676 0 0 Const2 IPv6 Proc
I have tried multiple IOS versions from SRD4 up to SRE4 and all have the same
problem, the only reference i can find on CCO or google are unrelated articles
containing "show proc mem" output.
Network is configured as MPLS-TE 6PE with FRR link protection, OSPF as igp and
customer routes in iBGP. The "Const2 IPv6 Proc" grows in steps with events on
the network, reloading a router causes multiple routers to use a chunk more
memory as does a core circuit failure (fibre cut).
This affects some routers much more than others and does not seem to be load
related.
Does anyone know what this process is/does and can it be restarted without a
reload.
Steve
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/