Depends on what you're looking for. I've had good results with IXIA ixiacom.com. They will do everything from FC/FCoE to simulated bgp/mpls peerings and IMIX traffic. It's a hardware appliance so it performs very well and is very flexible in the types of data it can create. It also scales pretty high. THey offer a 12slot chassis that gives you a ceiling of 64 10G or 300 + 1G ports. The downside is that it's hardware based and a little more expensive than the some of the other solutions. They have a rental program that's pretty reasonable depending on the length of your test.
2011/5/31 Alan Buxey <[email protected]> > Hi, > > Anyone tested a reliable 10 GigE traffic generator capable of layer 2-7 > > that can also simulate client server type conenctions? I have purchased > > one such simulator with mixed results, hopefully someone in the community > > has had success somewhere else? > > packetstorm? http://www.packetstorm.com/psc/psc.nsf/site/index > > there are a whole slew of such tools, some free, some commercial....worth > a visit to eg google ? > > there was an interesting one that I heard of and saw demo'd a few weeks > back - I'll see if I can dig up the info tomorrow > > alan > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
