Right I believe protecting for one element failure at a time is just enough
adam -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mark Tinka Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:00 PM To: [email protected] Cc: Gert Doering Subject: Re: [c-nsp] downlink bgp interconnect best practices On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 09:28:57 PM Gert Doering wrote: > (Interestingly enough, a few years ago I built a customer > setup that did not have this link, because I said "well, > there's two switches here, with two power supplies, two > supervisors, 2x GE link bundles, this is just not > needed" and the customer *insisted* on having the extra > link there "just in case"... :-) ) Some folk are addicted to all the redundancy and the "in case" they can eat :-). It's easy to interconnect anything to form rings, meshes, rectangles and triangles, infinitely. It's much harder to say, "Right, I think too much redundancy will add complexity, this is enough :-)" Mark. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
