On Tue, 31 May 2011, vince anton wrote:
I operate a transit AS (say AS10), and I have a customer (AS 5) who buys
transit from me.
I also peer with AS11 - no transit either way on this, just peering, ie
sending my networks to AS11, and receiving AS11's networks
Now AS5 also becomes a transit customer of AS11, and so on the peering link
with AS11, I now can see the IP Blocks of my customer AS 5
AS Path length, and Localpref sorts out most routing issues here, except for
the case where AS5 advertises a more specific route to AS11, than to me
(AS10).
Maybe the customer doesn't realize you peer with AS11 (and see their more
specifics via AS11).
Maybe the customer is trying to reduce the amount of traffic on their
transit connection to you and actually wants you (and everyone else) to
deliver some of their traffic via AS11.
If you decide to take any action, you should contact the customer first,
explain why you're unhappy with their routing policy, see if it's
intentional, and then decide what (if anything) to do about it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon Lewis, MCP :) | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |
_________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/