On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Deric Kwok wrote:

1/ How can I upgrade the firmware. Do I need to register? Anything I
should prepare and know?

As others have mentioned, there are too many unknowns to give you a good answer to this question. I would recommend starting with a search on Cisco's website, using search terms like "software upgrade (model number of your device)" or "IOS upgrade (model)" if you know it's an IOS device. If you have the a CCO account, or have the ability to get one, using that is a good idea too. Many Cisco software downloads are restricted to registered users, plus having a CCO account plus valid support contracts allows you to open support cases with the TAC.

2/ For site to site vpn, How do I know when seteup is successful?

When the device tells you it's up and you can exchange traffic with devices on the far end of the tunnel.

It's generally helpful if you provide more detail when asking for this kind of help, along with mentioning what other troubleshooting or data gathering you've done up to that point. That can help people answer questions more accurately, and it shows that you've tried to do some of the work on your own.

jms
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to