Trunk port or access port? One of the main places I've seen mismatching amounts of tx/rx is on trunk ports, where either the "switchport trunk allowed vlan" doesn't match on both sides, or in the case of the router interface, you only have .1Q subinterfaces configured for certain VLANs, but other VLANs are flooding across the link.
-Geoff On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Drew Weaver<[email protected]> wrote: > I assume this is either a bug, or something else equally enjoyable. > > Today, I noticed that one of our switches was acting up, so I logged into it > and did the usual show interfaces, sh proc cpu sort, etc etc. > > I noticed that the switch's uplink interface indicated that it was doing > 700Mbps to the router it is connected to, the router indicated that it was > only getting 200Mbps from the switch. > > So either there is a counter bug, or the switch was sending traffic that was > being dropped by the router or dropped later by the switch (after it was > counted?), or something else equally amusing? > > Does anyone have any thoughts on this/seen this before? > > Thanks! > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
