Peter Rathlev wrote:
On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 15:08 +0200, Peter Haag wrote:
I've seen this result from multiple other Netflow tools: ntop, Orion
NetFlow and now nfdump.  The only common element is my hardware.
I've exported flows from a 7606-SUP32 and a 6509SUP720-3B both
running 12.2(18)SXF4.  Both emit the mysterious protocol 0 flows.

I think I can make the assumption there isn't a protocol in use that
trumps both UDP and TCP traffic combined.  Have I run into an IOS
bug or did I misconfigure?
No - port 0 result from fragmented packets Most likely UDP packets >
MTU size. Since the IP ID field is not tracked in a v5 Netflow record,
the router can not map a fragmented packet to the appropriate flow,
and simply creates a flow with port '0'

Well, that would be for _port_ 0 traffic, with either TCP or UDP in the
protocol field, wouldn't it? OPs traffic is "protocol 0", so IMHO Scotts
point about flow mask is the best bet.

Regards,
Peter


To provide closure to the question Scott's suggestion does work but not when the router is doing NAT.




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to