Dale,

Thanks for the tip but this particular case I was using the sfp-only
interface so there is not even an option for configuring media-type.

router(config)#int g5/1
router(config-if)#me?   
% Unrecognized command
router(config-if)#int g5/2
router(config-if)#me?
media-type  

router(config-if)#me


Also I did not try the "speed nonegotiate" option, I will definitely have to
try that.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dale
Shaw
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 6:57 PM
To: Justin Krejci
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] LX vs LH Transceivers

Hi Justin,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Justin Krejci<[email protected]>
wrote:
> We are running into some performance issues on the 7200 when under load so
> we have a 6509 sup720 3bxl. The sup720 has one sfp port and one sfp/rj45
> combo port. We have one GLC-LH-SM SFP transceiver installed into the
> sfp-only port but when cutting over the above mentioned link from the 7200
> to the 6509 we get no eth link at all.

Sorry if this is offensively obvious, but did your interface config
include "media-type sfp"?

The only other trick I've found with 1000BASE-LX recently was between
a WS-X6724-SFP line card and an Alcatel 1662 -- the link wouldn't come
up without "speed nonegotiate".

Good luck.

Cheers,
Dale

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to