Dear all,

I have experience with ATM interface that when I do atm oam ping the
result is normal but when I do ping ip then the result is bad and have a
lot of packet loss.

This is the reslt of atm oam ping :

Sending 500, 53-byte end-to-end OAM echoes, timeout is 2 seconds:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success rate is 100 percent (500/500), round-trip min/avg/max = 4/6/16
ms

 

And this is the result of ping ip :

Sending 100, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.149.3.97, timeout is 2 seconds:

..!!..!!!.!!!..!...!!!.!!!!.!.!!!!.!!...!...!..!!!..!!!.!!!.!!..!!....

..!..!!..!!!.!.!!!...!!..!..!!

Success rate is 53 percent (53/100), round-trip min/avg/max = 4/4/8 ms

I am new with atm and I have to troubleshoot inter-city link using ATM,
what is the cause of L2 ping ok but L3 ping is bad ? What is the
troubleshooting scenario that I should do to verify and find the root
cause ?

Thanks

andhi




*****
"This message is intended only for recipients who are authorized to receive it. 
It contains confidential and/ or legally priveleged information belong to PT 
INDOSAT Tbk ("INDOSAT"), therefore the authorized recipients shall  protect 
this confidential information disclosed pursuant to provisions of Indosat's 
policy.
If you are not a valid recipient of this message, please delete it from your 
system and/ or destroy all of the tangible material produced from the 
information herein together with all copies or reproductions thereof and notify 
the sender immediately. 
Please also be notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking 
any action based on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited and may 
be unlawful".
*****
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to