Is there a similar construct for dealing with show comands? See
there's a lot of logic I've got built into this thing for parsing
through show commands as well. Doesn't snmp restrict you to what's in
the MIB? Which might not be everything?


On 7/22/07, Tim Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Use SNMP... Net::Telnet::Cisco has buffering issues when you send it tons of
> commands... As well as you have to deal with all of the BS if you
> mis-configure something wrong...
>
> Use SNMP to do a 'copy tftp://1.2.3.4/router-add-to-confg
> running-config' or something simlar instead of using Net::Telnet::Cisco..
> You'll end up being a lot happier.. Cisco luckily has most stuff available
> via SNMP...
>
> --
> Tim
>
> On 7/20/07, Christian MacNevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Some years back I did quite a bit of PERL programming using the
> Net::Telnet
> > and Net::Telnet::Cisco modules. Anyone able to comment
> > on whether this is still the one to go with? I guess I'd like to extend it
> > to other vendors than just Cisco these days.
> > _______________________________________________
> > cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
> >
>
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to