https://github.com/ArcsinX requested changes to this pull request.

The main concern here that we have the main extraction rejection check inside 
`apply()`. So, I guest after this PR a user will see "extract to function" 
everywhere in C code like in C++, but at trying to apply face "too complex to 
extract".

I see two options here:
- to address the original issue I think it's not enough just disable language 
check at prepare, but we need to use pointers instead of references at 
extraction. Unsure how hard it will be to implement this.
- we need a very fast check at prepare stage to avoid showing a lot of "extract 
to function" for code which really can't be extracted. Unsure is it possible to 
make such kind of check to be very fast, so maybe the first option is better

So, in current state this PR doesn't really closes 
https://github.com/clangd/clangd/issues/1810, but relates. If we choose the 
first option, I think this can close this issue.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/228465
_______________________________________________
cfe-commits mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cfe-commits

Reply via email to