https://github.com/koparasy approved this pull request.

> > Don't we need similar handling 
> > [here](https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/main/clang/lib/CIR/CodeGen/CIRGenDecl.cpp#L717)
> >  ?
> 
> As discussed I Took a closer look. It does drop the AS, but nothing ever 
> reaches the branch you point out to. I instrumented that branch and ran the 
> CIR suite plus ~7.8k clang CodeGen tests through CIR on amdgcn: and found 
> zero hits. CIR's constant emitter always types static-local initializers as 
> the declared type (even for unions, FAMs, and SSO-style cases where OG 
> narrows), so the retype never triggers. The PR that adds that was #143980 but 
> only tests scalar statics.

Thanks, I checked as well: static-local initializers always keep the declared 
type (unions with a non-first member, anonymous unions, FAMs, large zero-tail 
arrays), so the retype branch is unreachable today, and it already carries the 
`MissingFeatures::addressSpace()` marker. Fine as is.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/226649
_______________________________________________
cfe-commits mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cfe-commits

Reply via email to