it appears the xinetd package was mucked with around may 15th, and perhaps that has some influence on your problem.
On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:46 AM, Ranga Krishnan <[email protected]> wrote: > > On Jul 6, 2014, at 11:00 AM, Dave Taht <[email protected]> wrote: > > I would check for the presence of the dropbear-xinetd package and > /etc/xinetd.conf and xinetd.d/ssh > > > > The dropbear-xinetd package was absent while the other items > above were present. I created a new build with dropbear-xinetd but > the behavior is the same. is the xinetd binary present? > I used the failsafe mechanism to get telnet access into the boxes and > tried to pull in a good firmware image into /tmp as described here: > > https://archive.org/details/EnterOpenwrtFailsafeModeAndReflashAFirmware > > However when dropbear refused to start even manually I discovered > there is no dropbear executable on the router. > > I compiled this build with : > > CONFIG_DEFAULT_dropbear=y > # CONFIG_PACKAGE_dropbear is not set > CONFIG_PACKAGE_dropbear-xinetd=y > # CONFIG_PACKAGE_dropbearconvert is not set > # CONFIG_PACKAGE_dropbearconvert-xinetd is not set > > which was the config for 3.10.44-6 release, as described in > cerofiles-3.10 github repo, and which has a working ssh. > > Do I need CONFIG_PACKAGE_dropbear even though 3.10.44-6 > seems to get dropbear without including this config ? No, if you do that, you get dropbear starting at boot without xinetd. You CAN try it, but then you have to do some firewalling. > > In the absence of dropbear is there a good way to transfer files. > I couldn't find any file transfer options available in failsafe mode > other than a wget built into busybox. To use this I would > have to setup my mac as a webserver. I maintain a local fileserver, always, anyway, so it's a good idea. > > Ranga > -- Dave Täht NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article _______________________________________________ Cerowrt-devel mailing list [email protected] https://lists.bufferbloat.net/listinfo/cerowrt-devel
