I am also starting to see this same error in my logs and users complaining 
of sessions only lasting a few minutes.

Some of these IP mismatches are from Zscaler.
Some of these IP mismatches share the same 3 first octets with only last 
octet changing
Some of these IP share no octets but appear to be from same ISP within the 
same region.

I see I can add IP patterns, this may be useful for zscaler and VPN 
situations for internal users where I have VPN and Zscaler IP ranges:
cas.tgc.allowed-ip-addresses-pattern=

But his may not handle external users. For this, I suppose 
cas.tgc.pin-to-session=true can be used, but what security issues will this 
raise? I assume this will make it easier to steal sessions if not tied to 
IP.

-psv

On Tuesday, May 20, 2025 at 10:39:20 PM UTC-5 Ray Bon wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Try increasing ldap logging; this property at the beginning of log4j2.xml, 
> ldap.log.level
> It can produce a lot of output so best if you could replicate the problem 
> in dev or test.
>
> You may have to adjust your ldap settings; for example see notes on 
> pool-passivator
>
> Ray
>
>
> ------------------------------
> *From:* 'Aaron Chantrill' via CAS Community <[email protected]>
> *Sent:* May 19, 2025 12:18
> *To:* [email protected] <[email protected]>
> *Subject:* Re: [cas-user] invalid cookie. Required remote address does 
> not match 
>  
> I'm not completely sure which "client" you are referring to. In this case, 
> I am using CAS 7.2 as a client for AzureAD via Pac4j. I'm pretty sure the 
> user is using Google Chrome as the browser. This issue only showed up after 
> migrating from 6.6.12 to 7.2. It did not occur in testing, but occasionally 
> shows up now that it is in production. This is the error the user's see:
> [image: image.png]
>
> The only line I see in the log is:
>
> ERROR 
> [org.apereo.cas.web.flow.actions.DelegatedClientAuthenticationAction] - 
> <Client AzureB2CClient failed to validate credentials> 
>
> which does not feel particularly helpful. Sometimes this is preceded by a 
> SocketTimeoutException warning, but it's difficult for me to tell which 
> lines are connected to each other in the log. I don't think the warning I 
> was seeing before about the Invalid cookie is actually related. I have 
> logged in successfully on my test server and seen this warning in the log, 
> so I don't think it actually causes the authentication to fail.
>
> The users can always log in if they "try again" a few times, but some of 
> them are getting annoyed about having to type in their password several 
> times in a row in the morning once a week or so. I'm thinking now it may be 
> a communication issue between the server I have CAS running on and AzureAD, 
> although I'm still confused why this would only start happening after 
> upgrading CAS. I've searched the log for the error above, and it seems to 
> occur every occasionally with 5 minutes to 2 hours between instances. From 
> the log I can't tell if particular users are being affected more than 
> others or if only certain users are bothered (ones that type their password 
> in rather than allowing the browser to remember it?).
>
> Thank you,
> Aaron
>
> On Mon, May 12, 2025 at 10:10 PM Ray Bon <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Aaron,
>
> What kind of client are you talking about?
> Describe your setup and why there is a change in port.
> Include some of the log.
>
> Ray
> ------------------------------
> *From:* 'Aaron Chantrill' via CAS Community <[email protected]>
> *Sent:* May 12, 2025 12:26
> *To:* [email protected] <[email protected]>
> *Subject:* [cas-user] invalid cookie. Required remote address does not 
> match 
>  
> After upgrading from 6.6 to 7.2, my users are occasionally getting an 
> error screen saying
> "Unauthorized Access" and listing 
> "screen.pac4j.authn.AuthenticationException" as the cause.
>
> When I look at the CAS log, I'm seeing the error as listed above, with two 
> full IP addresses with ports. The ip addresses match, but the ports don't. 
> It looks like for some reason, CAS is expecting the same port to be used 
> for the initial request and the authentication request, but the client is 
> changing the port they are talking on.
>
> Is there an easy way to either disable this check or set it to only check 
> the ip address and not the port, or do I have to override the 
> obtainValueFromCompoundCookie() method from DefaultCasCookieValueManager, 
> which is where the error appears to be coming from?
>
> It looks like I could disable the ip address check completely if I can set 
> the cookieProperties.isGeoLoateClientSession() value to false, but I'm not 
> sure how to do that. I tried setting cas.tgc.geo-locate-client-session to 
> false in my cas.properties file, but I'm not sure if that will work or not 
> and don't have a way to test it.
>
> Thank you,
> -- 
> Aaron Chantrill
> ID: 000490892
> BS Computer Science (1/1/2019)
> Tom Grant
> c  304-445-5230 <(304)%20445-5230> US Eastern Time
> [email protected]
>
> -- 
> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas 
> <https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/vfAQCG6Xp5UAMkjzOfKfRfBZ24s?domain=apereo.github.io>
> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7 
> <https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/xvCiCJ6KvqUKYZ0jAfGhKfy47sO?domain=goo.gl>
> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG 
> <https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/VZS0CKr7wZf4nO3RMU3imf54lqH?domain=goo.gl>
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion visit 
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CAJt4T%3DtcTUvzXMOKoZDj%3DDaXsEA9Pso-3A0MK%3DXL3UM21FxQaw%40mail.gmail.com
>  
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CAJt4T%3DtcTUvzXMOKoZDj%3DDaXsEA9Pso-3A0MK%3DXL3UM21FxQaw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> -- 
> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas 
> <https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/vfAQCG6Xp5UAMkjzOfKfRfBZ24s?domain=apereo.github.io>
> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7 
> <https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/xvCiCJ6KvqUKYZ0jAfGhKfy47sO?domain=goo.gl>
> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG 
> <https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/VZS0CKr7wZf4nO3RMU3imf54lqH?domain=goo.gl>
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion visit 
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/YQBP288MB0081F1E638D0BE2AF95B6E41CE97A%40YQBP288MB0081.CANP288.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
>  
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/YQBP288MB0081F1E638D0BE2AF95B6E41CE97A%40YQBP288MB0081.CANP288.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
>
>
> -- 
> Aaron Chantrill
> ID: 000490892
> BS Computer Science (1/1/2019)
> Tom Grant
> c  304-445-5230 <(304)%20445-5230> US Eastern Time
> [email protected]
>
> -- 
> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion visit 
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CAJt4T%3DuGy_xPr93%2BbuA2sJsvgSr-qk4xhy0rwJPFkNb-4eB4GA%40mail.gmail.com
>  
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CAJt4T%3DuGy_xPr93%2BbuA2sJsvgSr-qk4xhy0rwJPFkNb-4eB4GA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/ed57b443-4cbd-4254-bdda-3cdba40bb15en%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to