I'm working on a multi-node Apereo CAS 7.1.x deployment and exploring
options for managing SAML SP metadata centrally. I understand that CAS
supports externalized metadata via file system, URLs, and dynamic
resolution.
However, I'd like to confirm:
-
*Does CAS officially support storing SAML XML metadata directly in LDAP?*
-
For example, storing the raw or Base64-encoded XML in an LDAP
attribute such as metadata under a casRegisteredService entry.
-
*If so, is there official documentation or recommended configuration
patterns to enable CAS to resolve metadata from LDAP entries directly?*
-
*Are there caching mechanisms in CAS that can be applied to such an
LDAP-resolved metadata model (e.g., in-memory or EHCache)?*
The goal is to avoid managing local XML files or per-node mounts, and
instead maintain metadata centrally in LDAP, while still benefiting from
in-memory caching per node.
Any confirmation, advice, or examples would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/1dcc371b-5f16-4000-a1b5-9a7215cec79an%40apereo.org.