cant as the same app requires normal session and renew session ... 
exploring Misagh's suggestion of renew on ticket validation

On Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 12:39:07 PM UTC-5 Ray Bon wrote:

> Pablo,
>
> You can turn off SSO for an application in the service definition, 
> https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.5.x/services/Configuring-Service-Access-Strategy.html
>
> Ray
>
> On Tue, 2022-08-16 at 10:13 -0700, Pablo Vidaurri wrote:
>
> Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria 
> email system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information. 
>
>
> So I have an application with certain parts allowing a  long SSO session 
> and other areas that require login every time. 
>
> I know I can leverage the renew query parameter but how to avoid the user 
> from simply removing it and then access the secured part of the app without 
> logging in again?
>
> For example, I want the user to provide their credentials every time they 
> access their profile. So if there is already have an active session for 
> https://www.myapp.com and they access their profile, i will redirect them 
> to 
> https://www.mycas.com/auth/login?renew=true&TARGET=https://www.myapp.com/myprofile
>
> This works, but I can also remove the renew query parameter and directly 
> hit myprofile page since I already have a session to the app.
>
> -- 
>
> Ray Bon
> Programmer Analyst
> Development Services, University Systems
> 2507218831 <(250)%20721-8831> | CLE 019 | [email protected]
>
> I acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional 
> territory the university stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ 
> peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
>

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/882f34cf-8760-46dd-a8cf-921fbda1bb5cn%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to