Jeremiah,

There is also throttling based on usename and IP address, 
https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.3.x/installation/Configuring-Authentication-Throttling.html.
 I have not used this, just rate throttling.

Ray


On Mon, 2021-05-17 at 08:32 -0700, Jeremiah Garmatter wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email 
system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

Hello,

I'm looking for a feature of CAS 6.3 that will allow me to lock or limit users 
after a few failed login attempts. I have tried the failure 
throttling<https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.3.x/installation/Configuring-Authentication-Throttling.html#failure-throttling>
 module but find it confusing and not quite what I'm looking for.

The failure throttling module seems like it can only detect 2 auth failures if 
the second one comes in very quickly (fast enough to be caught by the defined 
threshold per secondRange rate). If someone slows down their authentication 
attempts so they occur once every second, they'll never be caught right? Also, 
3 failed attempts over 15 seconds has the same effect as 2 failed attempt over 
10 seconds, so if you only fail 2, you won't be allowed to try a third time.

Is there another feature that would let me define an actual amount of failed 
logins over a period of time instead of a rate?

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/4bfea57c4bf6758677d9cfb918a21ccea90e5f84.camel%40uvic.ca.

Reply via email to