Folks,

So in the initial iteration of my project I had my spring security application working as it should w.r.t. to the common design/functional patterns for Spring Security and CAS.

Let's call this Application A)

My http security definition was as follows.


 http
     .addFilter(casAuthenticationFilter(serviceProperties))
      .authorizeRequests()
        .regexMatchers("/desktop.*")
        .authenticated()
        .and()
        .authorizeRequests()
        .regexMatchers("/")
        .permitAll()
        .and()
        .httpBasic()
        .authenticationEntryPoint(authenticationEntryPoint)
      .and()
      .logout().logoutSuccessUrl("/logout")
      .and()
      .addFilterBefore(singleSignOutFilter, CasAuthenticationFilter.class)
      .addFilterBefore(logoutFilter, LogoutFilter.class);



With this I would be able to go to my application, it would direct me to the / context and a "Login" link  to href=/desktop on this unauthenticated root page would trigger a redirect over to CAS for authentication then return to the /desktop page, full access

to session and user attribute data etc etc. All happy.

Now I'm working on SSO'ing into this application from another URL on a different server (same domain).

With this I go to Application B, end up authenticating to CAS all find and dandy.

Then when I go to Application A directly to the /desktop URL it turns around and takes me to the / of the application (as I'd kind of expect but don't want). Now if I hit the Login link it in fact does NOT take me back to CAS but SSO's me in and I can see the users attributes as I'd expect from the user I authenticated to in Application B. So it's essentially working.

But I'd like to do is be able to "skip" the entry point so to speak so I can drop directly from authentication on Application B over to the  /desktop URL of Application A without having to get directed to the root context and hit the Link to /desktop.

Or put another way, I have no need to have Application A actually redirect over to CAS, I just need it to not be anonymous and accept the SSO from CAS.

Not sure If this makes any sense.

Thanks.

Colin

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/302d08aa-615d-700b-64a6-14ea25d85887%40caveo.ca.

Reply via email to