Hi Tim,

I'm wondering, since you said you had to create the directory... Have you
configured a service registry (JSON or otherwise) into your server, or are
you still using the default "registry" that comes out-of-the-box?

Putting the JSON service description into /etc/cas/services only works if
you've configured the JSON service registry in pom.xml (and set the
cas.serviceRegistry.json.location property to point there). I think when I
responded to you I wasn't paying attention and assumed you were the same
person who was asking about setting that location in a different thread, so
I just assumed you were using the JSON service registry.

Anyway, the service description I gave you needs to go into whatever you're
using as your service registry. If you haven't configured one and you're
still using the default, then you would need to create that file such that
it ends up in classpath:/services (.../WEB-INF/classes/services).

(If you haven't set up a service registry, you really ought to -- the
classpath:/services default is really only intended to give you a couple of
"wildcard" services to work with until you get to that point; it's not
intended as a production solution.)

Hope this helps and sorry for any confusion.

--Dave


--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • [email protected]

[image: The New School]

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Tim Tyler <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dave, others,
>
>   Ok, I think I am getting closer but I am getting the error shown below.
> I should note that there was no etc/cas/services directory so I had to
> create the service directory manually before creating the
> etc/cas/services/CASAdminDashboard-123456789.json file. I included the
> port :8443 with the hostname.  I assume I need it.  I should also point out
> that I am using the equal sign format for variables in cas.properties.  I
> am not sure how the colon format works or if it is even appropriate for
> cas.properties.
>
>
>
> I got this warning when starting up:
>
>
>
> <No registered service is found to match [org.apereo.cas.
> authentication.principal.SimpleWebApplicationServiceImpl@514d45fe[id=
> https://cas.beloit.edu:8443/cas/status/dashboard,originalUrl=https://
> cas.beloit.edu:8443/cas/status/dashboard,artifactId=<
> null>,principal=<null>,loggedOutAlready=false,format=XML]] or service
> access is disallowed. Using default theme [cas-theme-default]>
>
>
>
> This is how the json entry for service looks:
>
> {
>
>   "@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService",
>
>   "serviceId" : "^https://cas.beloit.edu:8443/
> cas/status/dashboard(\\z|/.*)",
>
>   "name" : "CAS Admin Dashboard",
>
>   "id" : 123456789,
>
>   "description" : "CAS dashboard and administrative endpoints",
>
>   "evaluationOrder" : 5000
>
> }
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Tim
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *David
> Curry
> *Sent:* Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:26 AM
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* Re: [cas-user] how to access admin or management page?
>
>
>
> Here is one way to do it. It's not the only way, since CAS gives you so
> many options, but it should be enough to get you started.
>
>
>
> 1. Set these to enable the dashboard (these settings enable all of the
> endpoints; you can also pick and choose):
>
>
>
> cas.adminPagesSecurity.actuatorEndpointsEnabled:  true
>
> cas.monitor.endpoints.enabled:                    true
>
> endpoints.enabled:                                true
>
>
>
> 2. Set this to a regular expression that matches the IP address(es) you
> want to allow access from:
>
>
>
> cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip:              ^192\\.168\\.(50\\.[0-9]{1,3}|
> 1\\.[12]0)$
>
>
>
> (This example matches 192.168.50.*, 192.168.1.10, and 192.168.1.20; the
> intention is that the first pattern is the "IT subnet" where the
> administrators live, and the other two IPs are the internal IPs of the load
> balancers, which will be using the /status endpoint to check that the
> server is up and running.)
>
>
>
> 3. Set these to enable CAS authentication (as opposed to Spring Security)
> authentication:
>
>
>
> cas.monitor.endpoints.sensitive:        false
>
> endpoints.sensitive:                    false
>
>
>
> The CAS documentation explains other alternatives, if you want to use
> Spring Security instead of CAS.
>
>
>
> 4. Configure CAS to perform the authentication:
>
>
>
> cas.adminPagesSecurity.loginUrl:        ${cas.server.prefix}/login
>
> cas.adminPagesSecurity.service:         ${cas.server.prefix}/status/
> dashboard
>
> cas.adminPagesSecurity.users:           file:/etc/cas/config/
> admusers.properties
>
>
>
> cas.adminPagesSecurity.adminRoles[0]:   ROLE_ADMIN
>
>
>
> 5. Create an admusers.properties file (use whatever name you gave it in
> the property above). List one user per line and give them whatever role you
> defined above. This files does NOT create new users, it just lists the
> usernames (which exist in LDAP or AD or whatever) who can access the
> dashboard. Their password is whatever they use when authenticating to the
> CAS server. In this case, it's a user named "gnarls":
>
>
>
> # This file lists the users who are allowed access to the CAS /status/*
>
> # endpoints ("adminpages").
>
> #
>
> # The syntax for each line is:
>
> #
>
> # username=password,grantedAuthority[,grantedAuthority][,enabled|disabled]
>
> #
>
> gnarls=passwordnotused,ROLE_ADMIN
>
>
>
> 6. Create a service registry entry for the dashboard (in
> /etc/cas/services/CASAdminDashboard-123456789.json or wherever):
>
>
>
> {
>
>   "@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService",
>
>   "serviceId" : "^https://casserver.your.dom.
> ain/cas/status/dashboard(\\z|/.*)
> <https://casserver.your.dom.ain/cas/status/dashboard(/z%7C/.*)>",
>
>   "name" : "CAS Admin Dashboard",
>
>   "id" : 123456789,
>
>   "description" : "CAS dashboard and administrative endpoints",
>
>   "evaluationOrder" : 5000
>
> }
>
>
>
> Restart the server, point your web browser at https://casserver.your.dom.
> ain/cas/staus/dashboard, and log in as the user(s) you listed in the
> admusers.properties file.
>
>
>
> For a more detailed description (same steps, but more explanation behind
> them), see https://dacurry-tns.github.io/deploying-apereo-cas/building_
> server_dashboard_overview.html.
>
>
>
> --Dave
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> *DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP*
> *DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*
> INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
>
> 71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=71+FIFTH+AVE.,+9TH+FL.,+NEW+YORK,+NY+10003&entry=gmail&source=g>
> +1 212 229-5300 x4728 • [email protected]
>
> [image: The New School]
>
>
>
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Tim Tyler <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I am running CAS 5.2 and have configured ldap for authentication.  But I
> still have not figured out how to access the admin or management page.
> What do I need to configure to login to the management page?
>
> Do I need to define an admin account?  Do I need to define the Admin
> Status Endpoints per https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.0.x/installation/
> Configuration-Properties.html ?
>
>
>
> Do I need to create an adminusers.properties file?  Can I define an
> existing ldap user as an admin to access the management page(s)?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Tim Tyler
>
> Network Engineer
>
> Beloit College
>
>
>
> --
> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
> - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/
> apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/357545e0243806517d1dac6eed8c06
> ee%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/357545e0243806517d1dac6eed8c06ee%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
>
>
> --
> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
> - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/
> apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CA%2Bd9XAON5qRK1A8U-3vgufMYby%
> 2BOMQi_VsknpScpF2zbSHsqEQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CA%2Bd9XAON5qRK1A8U-3vgufMYby%2BOMQi_VsknpScpF2zbSHsqEQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> --
> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
> - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/
> apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/6614892d02e51ed93812d43a1a6a50
> 57%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/6614892d02e51ed93812d43a1a6a5057%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CA%2Bd9XAO-enLWkNgj-PBAsSng0i%3D6d7rt0BF2i2qxucDNutQZcA%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to