Hi Colin!

I am also an Eclipse user and I can confirm the Gradle support currently 
present in Eclipse Oxygen is not 100% finished and able to work with the 
CAS code base seamlessly.

I can just add the following to your remarks:

   - When creating Eclipse projects on the command line, I must sometimes 
   use "-DskipVersionConflict=true". That's because sometimes there are 
   conflicts of version in the dependencies - very little differences but 
   Gradle in Eclipse stops on them. This happened to me some time ago with CAS 
   5.1 but it was fixed after some time.
   - On some projects, I must manually create a few directories like 
   "src/test/java" etc. They may not always exist and it's probably correct 
   but Eclipse reports build errors.
   - There is some documentation on CAS and Eclipse 
   here: https://apereo.github.io/cas/developer/Build-Process.html#eclipse
   - On the other hand, Eclipse sometimes reveals problems that normally 
   pass the Gradle build. For example, I know of a class placed in a wrong 
   package. Gradle is OK with it but Eclipse shows an error (which is probably 
   correct).

Best Regards,
    Jarda

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/88736592-3154-4039-a120-491b9dd4205b%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to