Hi,

I am having issues getting cas service manager app to trust cas server. 

*Steps I've done*:

   - Generated a self-signed cert
   

Alias name: tomcat
Creation date: Oct 13, 2017
Entry type: trustedCertEntry


Owner: CN=localhost, OU=localhost, O=localhost, L=localhost, ST=localhost, C
=us
Issuer: CN=localhost, OU=localhost, O=localhost, L=localhost, ST=localhost, 
C=us
Serial number: 1fe89ba1
Valid from: Fri Oct 13 15:59:06 EDT 2017 until: Thu Jan 11 14:59:06 EST 2018
Certificate fingerprints:
 MD5:  B7:DA:16:E8:63:35:E9:BC:35:66:A4:27:53:B5:60:E0
 SHA1: EF:1A:04:64:36:52:C5:35:AC:54:38:4E:74:B2:65:30:F8:88:38:35
 SHA256: DC:2D:99:99:CD:C4:38:64:B0:5E:EE:37:BB:FC:A4:36:E2:87:C0:60:CF:A8:
65:24:F5:95:08:75:8A:EB:14:7C
 Signature algorithm name: SHA256withRSA
 Version: 3


   - Imported the cert into a keystore in C:\etc\cas\config\.thekeystore 
   (the keystore was previously in c:\users\{user}\.keystore)
   - Imported the cert into %JAVA_HOME%/jre/secuirty/cacerts
   - Added the connector for port 8443 in server.xml in %TOMCAT_HOME%/conf
   

<!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
<Connector port="8443" SSLEnabled="true" protocol=
"org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" 
maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
keystoreFile="C:/etc/cas/config/.thekeystore"
keystorePass="changeit"
truststoreFile="C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_131/jre/lib/security/cacerts"
/>

The cas app is functional, however once you sign in and navigate to 
cas-management, I get this error on the page:

The CAS management webapp is unavailable.

There was an error trying to complete your request. Please notify your 
support desk or try again.


And in the log the error is:

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.
security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.
security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find 
valid certification path to requested target
 at org.pac4j.core.engine.DefaultSecurityLogic.perform(DefaultSecurityLogic.
java:165) ~[pac4j-core-2.0.0.jar:?]

Any help would be appreciated, I don't know what I am missing...

Thanks


-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/39d96cf9-8e0e-4c59-b4ca-bb50aa275ceb%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to