In our current version of CAS (v4.0.4), I have extensively modified the login 
web flow. Looking at upgrading to v5.0.1 to implement the duo module, but 
before I can get to implementing duo, I need to put our modifications into a 
build of v5.0.1.

Just a quick background; the way I have implemented the web flow portion is to 
check LDAP attributes, then update database tables which triggers an event on 
our message queue to update all of our supporting LDAPs for CAS. Telling you 
this, I need to be able to get a JDBC connection in the web flow.

Looking at the github page of Extending CAS 5 Webflow 
https://apereo.github.io/2016/10/07/webflow-extcfg/ and how the Acceptable 
Usage Policy is implemented, I believe I have everything ready but a viable 
database connection. This takes me back to the CAS properties files that then 
generates everything I need. Looking at the properties available there doesn't 
seem to be one that I can take advantage of.  First I looked at the JDBC 
authentication properties, but we do not use JDBC for authentication. Next I 
looked at the JDBC monitoring properties, there doesn't seem to be a pooling 
properties.

I suppose I'm saying all this wondering, is there a programmatic way (for 
instance: casProperties.getAcceptableUsagePolicy().getLdap()) to retrieve my 
custom properties the way CAS 5 is doing so? Or would it be best for me to add 
the beans I need to the deployConfigContext.xml file similar to what I have in 
CAS 4.0.4?

Cheers,
 -Jeremy

________________________
Jeremy Wickham
Senior Systems Analyst
Mississippi State University
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

-- 
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- CAS mailing list guidelines: https://apereo.github.io/cas/Mailing-Lists.html
- CAS documentation website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- CAS project website: https://github.com/apereo/cas
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/c1f8c0df1a0644a89f0be696fbd0be3e%40mail04.ad.msstate.edu.

Reply via email to