I'm not seeing anything in here that resolves the original issue - I'm 
getting the same. When I add any dependency, it breaks bootrun, but I *am* 
still able to package as a war and run it from there. It'd be super handy 
to be able to run locally via bootrun.

To reproduce, I just needed to add any support dependency to be base gradle 
config.

dependencies {
  compile "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-webapp:${project.'cas.version'}@war"
  compile "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-ldap:${project.'cas.version'}"
}

If it helps, I'm running on:
java version "1.8.0_101"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 4:31:31 AM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:
>
> For the benefit of others...
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> *From:* David Rodriguez Gonzalez <[email protected] <javascript:>>
> *Date:* Oct 11, 2016, 07:29 -0400
> *To:* [email protected] <javascript:>
> *Subject:* Re: [cas-dev] CAS 5 Gradle Overlay
>
> working 
> Thanks a lot!! 
>
>
>
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 at 13:00 <[email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Just a wild morning guess here - CAS' Spring Boot arrangement is to scan 
>> config classes in 'org.apereo.cas' base package. Put your class into this 
>> base package and see what happens.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> D.
>>
>>
>> On Oct 11, 2016, 04:18 -0400, David Rodriguez Gonzalez <
>> [email protected] <javascript:>>, wrote:
>>
>> Good morning Dmitry, 
>>
>> I don't think this nothing to do with you, we need our own customization, 
>> so I'm currently trying to create a new module in my project for a new 
>> AuthenticationHandler, but it's not working...
>> Let me know if you prefer this discussion on GitHub
>>
>> I have an IntelliJ project with 2 modules, 1 is the overlay and the other 
>> the new Authentication hadler. The firt one has the second as a compile 
>> dependency.
>>
>> dependencies {
>>     providedCompile 
>> "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-webapp:${project.'cas.version'}@war"
>>
>>     compile project(":authentication")
>> }
>>
>> I have my Config class annotated with:
>> @Configuration
>> @EnableConfigurationProperties(CasConfigurationProperties.class)
>> @ComponentScan
>>
>> Also, 
>> @PostConstruct
>>     public void 
>> initializeAuthenticationHandler(@Qualifier("authenticationHandlersResolvers")
>>  
>> Map authenticationHandlersResolvers, @Qualifier("handler") 
>> AuthenticationHandler handler, MyPrincipalResolver resolver) {
>>
>>         authenticationHandlersResolvers.put(handler, resolver);
>>     }
>>
>> But this class is never called, beans no created... 
>>
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!!!!
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 at 16:01 Dmitriy Kopylenko <[email protected] 
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> Anything is possible, but the question is - is it always a best thing 
>>> todo? ;-)
>>>
>>> Open up an issue with a detailed description of your use cases and we’ll 
>>> take it from there…
>>>
>>> D.
>>>
>>> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:59 AM, David Rodriguez Gonzalez <
>>> [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We are moving from CAS 3.5.2 to CAS 5. In the old version we are doing 
>>> this things, is it no longer possible? 
>>>
>>> (Waiting for response before creating the issue)
>>>
>>> On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 at 15:56 Dmitriy Kopylenko <[email protected] 
>>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> You said you were “copying TicketResource class and adding few lines of 
>>>> code there”. That’s what I refer to as a “code smell”. I’d suggest you 
>>>> open 
>>>> up an issue on GitHub describing your use cases and we could discuss what 
>>>> we could do about it there.
>>>>
>>>> D.
>>>>
>>>> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:54 AM, David Rodriguez Gonzalez <
>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> It depends, currently we need to track the "Origin" (desktop or 
>>>> mobile), we return the response as XML 
>>>>
>>>> We need to customize webflow too, as we have own cookies, redirections, 
>>>> requirements, ...
>>>>
>>>> For me it's not a code smell at all, I'm just defining my own 
>>>> Controller. The other option is to fork CAS and do the work there, what I 
>>>> don't like to.
>>>>
>>>> Any other alternative?
>>>>
>>>> On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 at 15:47 Dmitriy Kopylenko <[email protected] 
>>>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> All right.. Let’s see it from a different perspective. Copying the 
>>>>> core framework classes and modifying few lines of code is always a 
>>>>> “code/design” smell to me. What is it that you are trying to achieve that 
>>>>> the default implementation does not provide? May be we could review and 
>>>>> re-design the core TicketResource abstraction to add the necessary 
>>>>> “customization” knobs.
>>>>>
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>> D.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:39 AM, David Rodriguez Gonzalez <
>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hey Dmitriy, 
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks for your quick response. 
>>>>> That is for using the default REST, but I need to do some 
>>>>> customizations... Basically copying the default TicketResource and adding 
>>>>> a 
>>>>> few lines. 
>>>>>
>>>>> Currently, adding support-rest dependency doesn't give me any spring 
>>>>> or other CAS dependency
>>>>>
>>>>> Working on IntelliJ, doing gradlew clean build, also 
>>>>> --refresh-dependencies, also refreshing IntelliJ gradle project. Nothing 
>>>>> of 
>>>>> this works for me..
>>>>>
>>>>> On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 at 15:27 Dmitriy Kopylenko <[email protected] 
>>>>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> https://apereo.github.io/cas/development/protocol/REST-Protocol.html
>>>>>>
>>>>>> D.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:02 AM, David Rodriguez Gonzalez <
>>>>>> [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi everyone, 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> After cloned the Gradle Overlay project for CAS 5, without doing any 
>>>>>> changes the build and bootRun are fine.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> But when I add:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> compile "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-core:${project.'cas.version'}"
>>>>>> compile 
>>>>>> "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-core-services:${project.'cas.version'}"
>>>>>> compile "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-core-tickets:${project.'cas.version'}"
>>>>>> compile 
>>>>>> "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-core-authentication:${project.'cas.version'}"
>>>>>> compile "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-rest:${project.'cas.version'}"
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I'm getting the following error:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>>> org.springframework.web.servlet.config.annotation.WebMvcConfigurerAdapter
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Does anyone know which dependencies do I need in order to use rest? 
>>>>>> Do I need to explicitly add Spring dependencies?
>>>>>> If I added them, I get another error, saying that AspectJ class not 
>>>>>> found.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I added aspectj dependency and now it's GroovyObject not found.....
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Could anybody give me a hand here? Thanks a lot!!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Also getting errors with logs not really useful:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 13:38:20.515 [LIFECYCLE] [class 
>>>>>> org.gradle.internal.buildevents.TaskExecutionLogger] :cas:bootRun FAILED
>>>>>> 13:38:20.515 [INFO] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.AbstractTaskPlanExecutor] :cas:bootRun 
>>>>>> (Thread[Daemon worker,5,main]) completed. Took 4.432 secs.
>>>>>> 13:38:20.516 [DEBUG] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.operations.DefaultBuildOperationWorkerRegistry] 
>>>>>> Worker 
>>>>>> root.16 completed (0 in use)
>>>>>> 13:38:20.516 [DEBUG] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.AbstractTaskPlanExecutor] Task worker 
>>>>>> [Thread[Daemon worker,5,main]] finished, busy: 5.433 secs, idle: 0.016 
>>>>>> secs
>>>>>> 13:38:20.516 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] 
>>>>>> 13:38:20.517 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] FAILURE: Build 
>>>>>> failed with an exception.
>>>>>> 13:38:20.517 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] 
>>>>>> 13:38:20.517 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] * What went 
>>>>>> wrong:
>>>>>> 13:38:20.517 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] Execution 
>>>>>> failed 
>>>>>> for task ':cas:bootRun'.
>>>>>> 13:38:20.517 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] > Process 
>>>>>> 'command 
>>>>>> '/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_91/bin/java'' finished with non-zero exit value 1
>>>>>> 13:38:20.518 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] 
>>>>>> 13:38:20.518 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] * Try:
>>>>>> 13:38:20.518 [ERROR] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildExceptionReporter] Run with 
>>>>>> --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. 
>>>>>> 13:38:20.518 [LIFECYCLE] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildResultLogger] 
>>>>>> 13:38:20.518 [LIFECYCLE] 
>>>>>> [org.gradle.internal.buildevents.BuildResultLogger] BUILD FAILED
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>> Groups "CAS Developer" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
>>>>>> send an email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>>>>>> Visit this group at 
>>>>>> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-dev/.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>> Groups "CAS Developer" group.
>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>>> an email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>>>>> Visit this group at 
>>>>> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-dev/.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "CAS Developer" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>>>> Visit this group at 
>>>> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-dev/.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>

-- 
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- CAS mailing list guidelines: https://apereo.github.io/cas/Mailing-Lists.html
- CAS documentation website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- CAS project website: https://github.com/apereo/cas
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/597609d7-d3ca-4ceb-b462-531f2e1de54f%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to