That message is probably misleading in that it’s not the exact cause of the 
error. You’ll need to look into the logs. My guess is, if you actually are 
posting “asdfkas…” for the ticket, it most certainly will fail to validate. 
And samlValidate does not take “service” nor “ticket”. It takes TARGET and 
ArtifactId I believe (misleading and wrongly reported in the error, yes) .



From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Adam 
Causey
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2016 1:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cas-user] Testing CAS SAML response



I am trying to debug the SAML response that CAS is sending back to one of 
our services.  When I send a POST request to CAS always sends back the 
response ''service' and 'ticket' parameters are both required", however I am 
including both.  I am not getting an 'invalid ticket' which is what I might 
expect if the credentials were incorrect.



Here is an example of what I am POSTing:



https://casserver/cas/samlValidate?service=http://localhost/foo 
<https://casserver/cas/samlValidate?service=http://localhost/foo&ticket=asdfkasdfjASF7979A>
 
&ticket=asdfkasdfjASF7979A



I am using SoapUI and have also tried a couple of extensions for Chrome with 
the same results.



Thanks,

Adam

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CAS Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> .
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

Reply via email to