Hi
Would you mind sharing the code snippet to download pdf files using 
mediaview in cakephp controller. I am able to download the file and but I 
try to open the pdf after the download is complete, I get invalid/corrupt 
file error from Adobe Reader.

Other file types work just fine. I wonder if the header needs to be setup 
in a certain way. 

I am using Cakephp 1.3

-BC



On Monday, March 28, 2011 8:40:14 PM UTC-4, Lawrence wrote:
>
> I've setup downloading of PDF files using the media view. It's working 
> great and I can basically force authentication prior to users 
> downloading the files. 
>
> The one problem I've run into is that once a PDF file goes over a 
> certain size, the file won't download. I'm given the prompt to 
> download the file, the option to specify where I'd like to save the 
> file, but after that the file download doesn't start. I've gone 
> through the logs (cake and apache) and cannot see anything obvious. 
>
> Again smaller PDF files are being downloaded properly. 
>
> Would love to hear if anyone else has run into this issue before or 
> whether anyone has any tips on where I can investigate further. 
>
> Thanks! 
>
>

-- 
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en.


Reply via email to