I would recommend looking at reviews of each brand and model you are
considering.Congrats on your upgrade.73s de AA5OA.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 6:24 AM, JP Pritchard via BVARC <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am a newbie to Ham Radio and a newbie to the club, so I'm writing to ask
> for your help in picking a rig. I just passed my General exam so many
> options are open to me and I'd like to explore a lot of those options.  I
> currently own a Baofeng HT and a Yaesu FT2900 two meter transceiver, but no
> equipment for HF.  I've been looking at HF VHF UHF units.  I've even looked
> at the Alesis KX3 and the Flex 1500.  They don't cover the VHF-UHF bands
> but they do appeal to me.  Bottom line, I don't want to spend more than a
> thousand dollars if possible.  What do you suggest?  As Sergeant Schultz
> used to say on Hogan's Heroes, "I know nothing."  I'll really appreciate
> your suggestions.
>
> JP (Richard) Pritchard
> KG5MBG
>
> _______________________________________________
> BVARC mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://mail.bvarc.org/mailman/listinfo/bvarc_bvarc.org
>
>
_______________________________________________
BVARC mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.bvarc.org/mailman/listinfo/bvarc_bvarc.org

Reply via email to