On Fri, Oct 09, 2026 at 01:18:35PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I think that we should remove language tailored collation until it is
> available natively in C.
> 
> I doubt that it is used, and we have been very prudent in the manual to
> use language that allow us to remove any working language tailored
> collation without giving any error message, and also using 'may' for
> DOCUMENTLANGUAGE_COLLATION.
> 
> I would propose to remove COLLATION_LANGUAGE and
> DOCUMENTLANGUAGE_COLLATION documentation, keep the customization
> variables, and also remove the call from C to Perl.  I propose to keep as is
> the code in Perl and therefore keep the working
> COLLATION_LANGUAGE/DOCUMENTLANGUAGE_COLLATION implementation, but it
> would be "hidden".
> 
> Opinions?

I'm happy with this.  As you say, the manual doesn't guarantee that these
variables will work.  I don't remember any demand or interest from users
in customisation of index collation order.

Reply via email to