On Sat, Oct 03, 2026 at 10:27:03AM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> 
> 
> On 10/3/26 09:13, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > 1) input
> > 
> > How should CRLF be treated in input for native Windows?  Should they be
> > treated as a logical end of line (the same as a LF in posix systems), or
> > as a CR character followed by an end of line?
> 
> This should be handled the same on both Windows and non-Windows:
> CRLF is equivalent to LF. Always, as long as we're talking about "text files"
> - which includes anything you would edit with a text editor. (Binary files and
> network protocols can and should be stricter.)

Actually I found a thread where the consensus was that LF was better,
but CRLF should be accepted on Windows too:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2015-09/msg00118.html

Accepting CRLF and LF on any platform is not far from that.

(I had seen previous threads with different conclusions, I think, but
this is the more recent, I believe).

-- 
Pat

Reply via email to