Hi Tobias,

This message feeling alone is from:

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/35759

On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 03:54, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email protected]> wrote:
> Guix,
>
> [This is for after 1.0.1, but I'd forget otherwise.]
>
> This happened to a new user on IRC tonight, and I understand their logic.
> After guided partitioning (using the installer), installation failed, and they
> decided to continue manually. Here's where they started:
>
>  3.6 Manual Installation
>  =======================
>
>  …
>
>  * Menu:
>
>  * Keyboard Layout and Networking and Partitioning:: Initial   setup.
>  * Proceeding with the Installation::  Installing.
>
> Having just ‘partitioned’, they ‘proceeded’.  The first task in that section
> is ‘herd start cow-store’, which fails because /mnt isn't mounted yet.
> According to our manual, that's also part of ‘partitioning’.  Eh.  I get why,
> but would prefer to reorganise this a bit to make such errors less likely.

Well, now 1.0.1 is some old grey hair thing, I propose to not forget to
check the current manual. ;-)  Then either fix it, either open a fresh
ticket on Codeberg and mark as first-good-issue.  WDYT?

Cheers,
simon



Reply via email to