On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 01:21 PM, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote:

> Thank you both! I was not aware that this belonged in the firmware
> field and not the packages field. This has solved the error message
> during boot. Further, adding the kernel argument successfully sets my
> region as US on boot.
>
> tags 49611 notabug
> close 49611
>

Looks like this was never closed. Closing now as I merged the relevant
fixes in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49649>.

Sorry for the resurrection, but this was helpful and glad to get
something fixed better here finally. Still need to add some
documentation though.

John

> This is not part of the bug per-say, but a question around this space:
> despite all of this, I still cannot broadcast on US approved channels.
> I think this is because the EEPROM on the card is set as global. What
> am I missing? Do you know how Linux intend for people to notify the
> stack that this is an OK thing to do? I know projects like OpenWRT
> carry patches to the driver, but I keep thinking surely this is not
> the only way.



Reply via email to