Follow-up Comment #7, bug #68220 (group groff): [comment #6 comment #6:] > Note that this still afflicts groff-1.24.2 on macOS 27, which accepts C23 > (tested for during ./configure). > > This was tried with the 1.24.2 released tarball and configured w/out running > autoconf or any other autotool beforehand. > > Patches 1e7ea5487203988c0304d2788b35d002bc5e89f9 and > 4e6c98f3df065743e5598c158d71af7fc8f63a25 to drop matherr.c lets the build > continue.
Hi Hans. Thanks for the update. Acknowledged and expected. I didn't
"backport" (cross-port?) any changes appearing on the "master" branch to the
"1.24.x" except as described in 1.24.2's ChangeLog and NEWS files, and the
release announcement.
In comment #4, I did say (in April):
> Also, in the event we need to do a groff 1.24.2, this fix should be
> considered for backport, quite possibly along with its successor commit.
But I forgot completely about that, since I was responding to a security
incident, and the _groff_ project doesn't yet have a convention for tagging
fixed bugs that should get "cross-ported" to the stable branch.
It occurs to me that maybe a good procedure is simply to cherry-pick such
changes to the stable branch as soon as the idea occurs to me. The presence
of a patch on the branch is not a promise that a release tag is forthcoming on
that branch.
_______________________________________________________
Reply to this item at:
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?68220>
_______________________________________________
Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
