On Sun, Oct 4, 2026 at 11:11 PM Collin Funk <[email protected]> wrote: > > Collin Funk <[email protected]> writes: > > > You can also see the difference like this: > > > > $ printenv PERL_UNICODE > > $ perl -e 'print join ("\n", PerlIO::get_layers (STDOUT)) . "\n"' > > unix > > perlio > > $ PERL_UNICODE=S perl -e 'print join ("\n", PerlIO::get_layers > > (STDOUT)) . "\n"' > > unix > > perlio > > utf8 > > > > If not, perhaps there is another way to get this behavior? > > I guess you can add -C to PERL5OPT to get this behavior as well, and > likely in many other ways. > > I've attached a patch that should fix the issue. It adds a call to > "binmode STDOUT" before those tests. That should be enough, but I have > also set PERL_UNICODE to 0 in the TESTS_ENVIRONMENT, since I suspect it > may cause problems later down the line. I've left PERL5OPT untouched > since it seems useful to allow customizing it when running tests. > > I've left it unpushed for now, in case someone better at Perl than I has > any better ideas. > > Thanks again, > Collin
Yes I had PERL_UNICODE=AS . I reran "make check" with PERL_UNICODE unset, and there were no failures.
