One of HumanWare's engineers finally made an appearance of HumanWare's mailing 
list, stating for the record what we had hitherto only suspected: that they 
buggered up with the latest KeySoft release, breaking protocol compatibility 
for QT users, and that a patch would introduce a toggle for either the old or 
new protocol.  The old protocol would be compatible with brltty; the new, until 
we have documentation, would not.  The old protocol uses home-row input; the 
new does not, doing QT (QWERTY) pass-through.

For various reasons, I'm exchanging (for a fee, naturally) my QT for a BT 
keyboard.  I feel the QT model to have been, shall we say, less well gifted 
than the BT, culminating in a breakdown that rendered my unit mostly unusable.  
However, it would probably benefit brltty hugely to have this QT input support, 
and if ever I get my hands on the protocol specification, I'll be sure to share.

Cheers,
Sabahattin
_______________________________________________
This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list.
To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected]
For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty

Reply via email to