Thanks Dave! Without another braille display, I'm not sure how to use another driver other than the X Windows driver. I just tried the X Windows driver and also notice the stack size increasing at about the same rate (~0.5Mb/min).
Sorry I missed the --disable-stripping option. Works like a charm now. In any case, this seems to look more like a memory leak that some other crash. The death at a stack size of 10240 seems to coincide rather nicely with with the output of ulimit: r...@opensolaris:~# ulimit -a core file size (blocks, -c) unlimited data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited file size (blocks, -f) unlimited open files (-n) 256 pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 10 stack size (kbytes, -s) 10240 cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited max user processes (-u) 29995 virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited Will Dave Mielke wrote: > [quoted lines by Willie Walker on 2009/08/19 at 11:26 -0400] > >> When running BrlTTY from svn trunk on OpenSolaris with my Baum Vario 40 >> display, I'm noticing that it seems to reliably crash after about 15-20 >> minutes, regardless of whether I connect to the braille display or not. >> I also notice this with BrlTTY 4.0. > > Can you please try with another driver or two in order to determine if the > problem is witihn the Baum driver or elsewhere? > >> What I'm doing is running the following command in one shell and then >> just letting brltty sit there: >> >> pfexec brltty -d serial:/dev/term/0 -bbm -xno -p none -A auth=none -n >> >> I then attach to the process in dbx and wait for the crash. The trace I >> get is as follows (I'm trying to get better symbol/line number >> information, but I'm not sure how to do the equivalent of --enable-debug >> with the brltty autogen/configure stuff -- the 'make' seems eager to >> strip the symbols off): > > Configure with --disable-stripping. > _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty
