Hi all,

     This afternoon I counted 33 Pectoral and 6 Dunlin in the remnant wet area 
on north side of Greenway Road(bring a clothespin as the manure spreading is 
underway). A single Greater Yellowlegs was in the smaller wet area on the south 
side of Greenway behind the cedars/spruces, much closer to Hwy#21.

       On Hagmier Rd (dry but quite bumpy in 2 spots) I encountered ~12 Snow 
Bunting and 6 Lapland Longspur in beautiful spring plumage. Also a few Savannah 
Sparrows here, plus more along every concession roads I drove, totalling ~25 
birds(Mollard Line, River Road etc). 

        Kettle Point/Ipperwash beach had over 20 Great Black-backed Gulls(5/6 
adult) but only a single Glaucous(3rd yr) left of the 9 I saw there ~10/12 days 
ago. There was 1 Horned Grebe at the little marina.             Cheers!   Maris

 

 DIRECTIONS - Mollard Line runs south off #81-first east of main intersection 
of Grand Bend. 

                   - Greenway Road runs east off Hwy#21 just north of Pinery PP 
entrance.

                   - River Road runs south off Greenway Rd as it curves to left.

                   - Hagmier runs south off Greenway east of the curves and 
bridge 

                       

    

     

Maris Apse 10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22, RR #2 Grand Bend ON N0M 1T0 (519) 238 - 
8415 



_________________________________________________________________
Reinvent how you stay in touch with the new Windows Live Messenger.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9650731_______________________________________________
ONTBIRDS is presented by the Ontario Field Ornithologists - the provincial 
birding organization.
Send bird reports to ONTBIRDS mailing list [email protected]
For information about ONTBIRDS visit http://www.ofo.ca/

Reply via email to