Actually, Mark's advice is much better. 2012/12/29 Dmitri Tarkhov <[email protected]>: > Hi, > this finally works: > > view "reverse1" IN { > recursion yes; > > zone "z.y.x.in-addr.arpa" IN { type forward; forward only; > forwarders { A; B; }; }; > > > zone "localhost" IN { type master; > file "master.localhost"; }; > > > zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" IN { type master; > file "localhst.rev"; }; > }; > > And Happy New Year! > > > Dmitri Tarkhov wrote: > >> Hi, all, >> >> thank you very much for discussion. It was interesting and very useful. >> You can pretty well imagine that I am not much dns involved, >> I am rather unix and unix HW guy. >> Unfortunately I saw dns cache poisoning attack and although it could be >> provoked by side effects it's better to get rid of it altogether. >> For just 14 (241-254) addresses it is not difficult to maintain 2 types >> of master zones in sync (RFC 2317 and RFC 1035) and it's enough to put a >> couple of comment lines to not forget it later. >> Yes, life is short but this is not the reason to not train the brain, >> can help to hook a life a bit longer ... >> Bring stir to the chicken coop and request compliance is generally >> good idea and fingers itch but I don't expect much from our ISPs ... >> So first I'll try "type forward" within a view, >> then I'm sure, one address zones can serve me right. >> I will also contact the ISP but without great expectations. >> >> Why I do all this is: >> - enforce security >> - assure stable mail exchange (which depends on reverse resolving) >> >> Mark Andrews wrote: >> >>> In message <[email protected]>, Doug Barton writes: >>> >>>> On 12/27/2012 11:18 AM, Mark Andrews wrote: >>>> >>>>> zone "241.Z.X.Y.IN-ADDR.ARPA" { >>>>> type master; >>>>> file "241.Z.X.Y.IN-ADDR.ARPA"; >>>>> }; >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> That's great locally, but it doesn't match the 2317 delegation from the >>>> upstream, and usually it's not possible to change what they send you. >>>> >>>> Or are you suggesting maintaining both the individual versions of the >>>> zones, and the 2317 zone? >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> No. I'm suggesting that they tell their ISP to do RFC 2317 right >>> or do RFC 1035 delegations. If their ISP won't do either change >>> ISP. >>> >>> >>>> Doug >>>> _______________________________________________ >>>> Please visit https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users to >>>> unsubscribe from this list >>>> >>>> bind-users mailing list >>>> [email protected] >>>> https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users >> >> >> > > -- > Best regards, > Dmitri Tarkhov > > _______________________________________________ > Please visit https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users to > unsubscribe from this list > > bind-users mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users
-- AP _______________________________________________ Please visit https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users to unsubscribe from this list bind-users mailing list [email protected] https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users

