Am 05.10.26 um 23:18 schrieb Lloyd Brown via Bacula-users:
Hey, all.

I've run Bacula off and on for several years, including v5 and v9, both using disk for 
the backup media.  I'm setting up my first instance using tape, and Bacula 15.  I keep 
intermittently running into I/O errors on the tape, which seems to cause Bacula to 
declare the tape as "Full", even if it's only used 10s of MB of a 30TB tape.  
Are there any general recommendations for setup that I might have missed?  Some kind of 
retry mechanism?  Some kind of tuning?  I've already replaced SAS cables, and it doesn't 
seem to make any real difference.

In this case, I'm running one RHEL 9.6 host, attached via SAS to 2 LTO-10 
drives, in a Spectra Stack tape library.  Using the stock Linux tape drivers, 
not the IBM ITDT specialty driver.  The other tenant in the library (Versity) 
has not had issues even remotely resembling these.

I'm attaching an excerpt from the bacula log when the I/O errors occurred.  I'm 
still trying to find system logs from around the same time.  Any 
recommendations or pointers welcome.

I was once working on a problem of an LTO6 not coming up to speed. The ITDT are 
quite useful in terms of bare drive and tape testing. All my tapes were good 
but the drive was broken. I assume for an RMA you will need the results anyway.

HTH Udo

--
Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie Mails drucken.
Please consider the environment before printing mails.
--
iNet Integrative Netzwerke Udo Kaune e.K.
Deichstraße 6
25335 Elmshorn
Tel: +49 (4121) 579 69 35
Fax: +49 (4121) 579 69 99
Web:http://www.inet-hamburg.de
Handelsregister Pinneberg: HRA 1509 EL


Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: Kryptografische S/MIME-Signatur

_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users

Reply via email to