On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 12:23:32 PM UTC-4, Kostya Vasilyev wrote: > > > > Is there more to the message? I grepped the "base" framework, and came up > with these: >
The entire message is "CalledFromWrongThreadException: Only the original thread that created a view hierarchy can touch its views" And it's widely discussed on places like Stack Overflow but the focus of the dicscussions is always on fixing the bug, whereas I'm posting this to the Google group instead of Stack Overflo0w because I want to *understand*what it actually *means*. What do they mean by "the wrong thread"? If the same thread (based on the debugger and trace) is accessing it when it generates the exception and when it doesn't, how does that thread become the "wrong" thread? Where does Google document its exceptions? *And what does the Eclipse debugger thread nomenclature ( "Thread x[ Thread-y]" ) mean?* > The Eclipse debugger seems to refer to a thread 9 and a thread 10. What >> does the debugger mean when it displays it that way? >> > > They're just thread ids (the "x") and auto-generated thread names. > Yes, I know, but why are there *two* of them on one line? That's my question. Normally I see one TID per line, so what is Eclipse telling us when it uses *"Thread x[ Thread-y]" syntax?* > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

