My app originally had an activity and a service running in the same 
process. When I first wrote it I specified sharedPreferences with 
MODE_PRIVATE. The app has grown, and for reasons beyond the scope of this 
post, I now need to run my service in a different process.

I found I can do this by specifying a name starting with a colon in the 
android:process statement in my manifest file.

However now my activity and my service are no longer reading the same 
sharedPreferences. Researching this problem I see many reccommendations to 
use MODE_MULTI_PROCESS. But I cannot figure out how to spedify it.

SharedPreferences myMemory = getSharedPreferences("myMemory", 
MODE_MULTI_PROCESS);

This does not work because Eclipse can't find MODE_MULTI_PROCESS like it 
can find MODE_PRIVATE or MODE_WORLD_READABLE.  I don't know where the ENUM 
for MODE_MULTI_PROCESS is.

So, how can I specify MODE_MULTI_PROCESS ??
thanks, Gary

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to