On 10/06/2026 17:26, msh210 via agora-discussion wrote:
Note that Rule 2690 says
} At the end of each month, all Spendies are destroyed. At the
} beginning of each month, every player is granted 20 Spendies.
I protopropose to amend Rule 1023 (Agoran Time) to add the following
after subsection 3e, and to renumber the current 3f to 3g.
f. Each such epoch ends a nanosecond before the next epoch of the
same type begins. For example, a week ends a nanosecond before the
next week begins.
This is in order to clarify that the Spendies are destroyed before
they're granted and not after (and also to clarify the meaning of
"end" in a few other places, such as Rule 1023 section 2 and Rule
2709).
I seek your input before I so propose.
All the best,
msh210
This leaves a 1 ns gap between epochs, which is a bit awkward. We could
define an epoch's end simply as being "immediately prior" to the next
epoch beginning instead.
I also think this definition is better placed immediately before section
4. The subsections each define one or more types of epoch, while your
proposal specifies how epochs work more broadly. I suspect you placed it
at 3f because the end of a round is already defined in rule 2449; if we
adopt my favored definition, there shouldn't be any conflict with that.
There's also the questions of whether this proposal is, if not needed,
useful to eliminate ambiguity, which I'm not qualified to answer.
PS: Slightly more concise would be nice. I'm not sure we need the example.
--
Salad