On Jan 3, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Bell, Charles (Chip) wrote:
Is there a SQL select that I can run from the server side, dumping the output to a file I can parse? I tried a query from the client side, and apparently the client machine does not have enough memory to handle this: 'dsmc query backup -inactive /opt/emageon/archive/dicom/* > filerestore.txt'
Chip - A search like this is best conducted from the client side, as it is less painful there, and will yield attributes which cannot be obtained from a server Select. And, your users should learn how to do simple things regarding their data, rather than take up the server administrator's time. I have no information on your client query problem, but make sure that you unlimit your Unix Resource Limits (as in cshell 'unlimit' command), and make sure that the current directory is not near quota limit. Then, as the data owner or root, perform 'dsmc query backup - inactive -subdir=yes /opt/emageon/archive/dicom/ > query-output'. If any part of the path structure is owned by other than the user, it is best to have the client root perform the query. If 'dsmc query filespace' reveals multiple filespaces with a common stem, enclose the filespace portion in braces to eliminate ambiguity for TSM. If you run into problems, please post details. Richard Sims
