Well, it's also a big pain in the tush for me to explain to mgmt why I'm budgeting for a BMR tool for our 600 Windows servers even though we already hand over a boatload of $$ to Tivoli for a backup product, because I have to have something I can depend on to perform dissimilar hardware restores.
I just don't think it could be that difficult for Tivoli to come up with a boot cd like they use for ServerGuide that is "TSM aware" and capable of hardware detection. -Steve Schaub -----Original Message----- From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Allen S. Rout Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 5:35 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems? >> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:15:47 -0600, "Dearman, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said: > Does anyone know if Tivoli is working on a product that will support > BMR on windows systems. I know Cristie can be used but I don't want > another third party product and ASR recovery on Win2003 takes forever. > You would think that TSM would be able to clone or ghost a windows > system at least. Huge pain in the tush, for no return. Other folks have that space very nicely explored, and BMR for [platform A] just encourages folks to ask for it for the rest of them. - Allen S. Rout Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail disclaimer: http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm
