> > I've been reading various posts about TDP for Exchange being slow > > but I can't believe its supposed to be as slow as I'm seeing. At the > > moment I'm only getting approx 500Kb/sec at a time when no > > other backups are running, i.e network and server and doing very little. > > I've tried various settings for TDP buffers/buffersize to no avail.
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L@;VM.MARIST.EDU]On Behalf Of Del Hoobler > I agree, those are bad throughput numbers. > Try these values: > > backup/archive dsm.opt settings > TCPbuffsize 128 > TCPWindowSize 63 > *TCPnodelay yes <********** REMOVE THIS ENTRY > *largecommbuffers yes <********** REMOVE THIS ENTRY > TXNbytelimit 51200 <********** REMOVE THIS ENTRY, it has no effect > for TDPs > > Exchange TDP settings > buffers 3 > buffsize=1024 Check your speed and duplex settings for the Exchange server, the TSM server, and the switch ports that are used to connect the two servers to the network. Betchas at least one of them is set to "autonegotiate", rather than hardset to a proper speed. -- Mark Stapleton ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) Certified TSM consultant Certified AIX system engineer MCSE
