Subject: Re: Why diskdirs pools
From: "Vibhute, Bandu" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:53:03 -0400

Salman,

It depends on how you implement DISKDIRPOOL. It takes very less space
compared to file data. There are various options to keep it in primary
pools. You can use cache feature and keep it in disk pool.
If you are restoring from disaster DISKDIRPOOL can be restored from offsite
tape first and then files.

Bandu
-----Original Message-----
From: Arshad Sheikh [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 8:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Why diskdirs pools

Forgive my naiveness but why one need to take the backup of dirs on disk
pools, I read that it makes restores efficiently, but when you dirs pool is
copied to tape to offisite, and then when you try to restore it from tape,
then having a struture on one tape and restoring data from other tape is not
relevant as the restore is pretty much sequential, or am very wrong here.

Salman

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

"WorldSecure Server <baking.bestfoods.com>" made the following
 annotations on 04/20/01 20:19:53
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
The origin of this electronic mail message was the Internet.
Bestfoods Baking cannot validate the authenticity
of the sender and therefore cannot be held accountable
for any content within.
=======================================================

"WorldSecure Server <baking.bestfoods.com>" made the following
 annotations on 04/23/01 12:06:34
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential and trade secret information of Bestfoods Baking, and be subject to the Economic Espionage Act of 1996. For recipient's use only. If you have received this message in error, please delete immediately, and alert the sender.

=======================================================